Foreword

There is neither a structure nor a texture to this blog. The subject matter can be anything and everything under the sky that I feel about at any given point that I happen to sit and blog rambling about everything in general. My thoughts and views are basically influenced by what I read, hear, gather, and ponder... if there is any copyright violation which I have not duly acknowledged, kindly let me know.

My world comprises of LO the little one, OA the other adult at home, kiddo the brother :)

Search This Blog

Loading...

May 12, 2006

These are a few of my favorite things...

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things.


Being with Amma.
Listening to Geeta by Ghantasala, Bhaja Govindam by MS Subbalakshmi, or Sundara Kanda by MS Ramarao early in the morning.
Taatee's single-tooth grin and that impish laughter (it is very rare, but a delight to watch).
Mom's concentration when she eats food.
Sun rise and sun set.
An infant's toothless smile.
New-born puppies sleeping near the mom.
Greenery all around.
Dew drops on grass in the early winter mornings.
Fish in the pond.
Cloud watching (watching clouds take different shapes as they move on.. as they say, sky is the limit for your imagination)
Watching star-lit sky on a full-moon day.
Ice-cream in winter nights and cold rainy days.
Long bike rides and car rides (on rainy days) on a proper traffic-less road.
Cuddling up with soft toys with a good book to read.
Watching India win a cricket match chasing a huge target (absolute rarity though!!) with a gang of friends.
Listening to music and yelling and singing all your favorite songs on the top of your voice.
Late night chatting with loved ones and friends and just falling asleep like that.
Road-side paani puri with friends.
Watching movies on TV (alone or with friends, depending on the mood).

The list would go on and on and on...

A few crazy things that I really really want to do
Sell at least one black ticket (seriously, I somehow always wanted to do that).
Bungee jumping from Mount Everest.
Midnight wildlife safari in Masai Mara.

A few sensible ones
Eat an apple under the tree in Shimla. I always wonder how Newton could arrive at laws of gravity and not just eat that apple :-)).. well, may that is what sets him apart from rest of us!!
Watching Taj Mahal on a full-moon day (heard a lot about it.. just want to have that feel).
A holiday in Seychelles and Mauritius.
Travel in Palace on Wheels.

When the dog bites
When the bee stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad
-- Sound of Music

1 comment:

Kalpana said...

Knew many of ur favorite things. ;) Ilaanti chinna chinna aasalu chaala untaayi, sush. I remembered one of my favorite song, the song from Roja movie 'Chinna chinna aasa, chinna dani aasa; muddu muddu aasa, muthyam antha aasa; jaabilini thaakee muddulida aasaa aaaa, vennelaku thodai aadukonu aasa aaa'. Really sweet.....

For Evil Eyes on LO