Foreword

There is neither a structure nor a texture to this blog. The subject matter can be anything and everything under the sky that I feel about at any given point that I happen to sit and blog rambling about everything in general. My thoughts and views are basically influenced by what I read, hear, gather, and ponder... if there is any copyright violation which I have not duly acknowledged, kindly let me know.

My world comprises of LO the little one, OA the other adult at home, kiddo the brother :)

Search This Blog

Loading...

Sep 3, 2006

It just seems like the other day...

Yesterday, there was this Ganesh Nimajjana near our place. Usually, just before the immersion, the idol is moved from its location and taken around the place in a procession with kids and youngsters dancing to that tapori teen-maar beats and lighting fire crackers, sprinkling colors and all that stuff... It always used to be a great fun watching such events and I always wished I could go out and join them too...

But yesterday, it brought back all my memories with Amma, how we used to go outside the house and give coconut and flowers to the lord and get the prasaadam, how I used to be soooooo happy seeing soo much color and music. She used to pray every year "protect us all and see us through this year lord and we will bring you back the next year and pray you with utmost devotion." I could hear those words ringing in my ears and I could still feel me holding her hand and pointing to her something or the other that excited me and she just being happy at my child-like outbursts :-(( and pointing to something else. She actually used to enjoy all that I did and enjoyed, making me feel wanted and good :-(((...

They say time is the best healer and memories fade away with time but everything seems so fresh, her touch, her voice, her face, everything is so fresh... can I enjoy things the same way without her ever again???

7 comments:

Kalpana said...

Sure Sush, now you have got Syam. Everything will be fine. I remember 1 event I enjoyed when at hyd, sitting with Lord Vinayaka n others in a lorry(for the first time. Njoyed) for his Nimajjanam. That's still makes me feel as I am with Him today too for nimajjanam.

Twisted DNA said...

My heart goes out to you Sush. It will never be the same.

Murali said...

Thats true Sush...i used to remember building tents for Him and waiting to get hold of him and make Him sit in the small pandal that we built for him...those were the days when we used to wait for the puja to get over and then immediately put our hands to get hold of the "Soondal" (channa)...those were the days pal...am missing them here in Singapore...
Murali

Keshi said...

I so know the feeling Sush...dad's been gone for a long time now but it feels like just yday that he talked to me.

Keshi.

Pri said...

even though u cant see her, she will always be wth u no matter wht...cos ppl who love us never leave our side even though it may seem othrwise sometimes :)
i know tht nothin can ever replace her but u do hav pleasant memories of all the happy times :)...cherish those .
hugzzz

Has to be me said...

Im sure nothing can replace her loss to u. Each mom is the best. It is disheartening that these good things in life dont last forever. I pray God to give u the strength & the courage during these most needed times.

jot said...

hi there!
thank you for those beautiful and kind words that you left on my blog (life-is-juicy.blogspot...)
you have a really sweet and real blog yourself, i am sure i will be a your regular reader now! keep writing! and i really enjoyed readng your latest entry and i'll make some time to read others too :)
have a beautiful day! make more memories to recall

For Evil Eyes on LO