Foreword

There is neither a structure nor a texture to this blog. The subject matter can be anything and everything under the sky that I feel about at any given point that I happen to sit and blog rambling about everything in general. My thoughts and views are basically influenced by what I read, hear, gather, and ponder... if there is any copyright violation which I have not duly acknowledged, kindly let me know.

Ref: Chichkoo is what I lovingly call my daughter, kiddo my brother, amma and taatee my late maternal grandparents, and OA is the other adult in the family.

Search This Blog

Loading...

Sep 8, 2006

Oh boy!! She Just Rufuses to Age :-)!!

Asha Bhonsle turns 72 today, and oh boy, she refuses to age... To me, she seems to grow younger by the day... what a journey her life had been. I am an ardent fan of hers.. not restricted by one genre of music, she, according to me, is an all rounder. Give her any song and she will just give it a new life... One gifted life she has and the cheer and happiness she spreads around through her music is amazing.. Hats off Ashaji...

Helen and Asha combination is the most electrifying one and even today I just cant take my eyes enjoying the sheer magic on screen by both these legends..

... and of course that "Mera Kuch Saaman... " from Ijaazat is a gem... Be it any emotions, it seems to slip out soo easily and beautifully from her throat... As I sit down to write, I cant exactly choose my favorite pick... every single song of hers is a delight.. I have grown up listening to her songs and it is amazing that that gifted voice still gives me the exact same pleasure it did when I was too young even to understand those Hindi lyrics.. very true, music knows no language or age barriers, it just leaves us with immense pleasure and satisfaction.

Blending from one generation to another with perfection and moulding herself to the contemperory trends in the world of music, she is truly an inspiration for someone like me who resists change with all my might. She never ceases to surprise me with all the energy and enthusiasm at this age. She is amazing...

Thanks Ashaji for entertaining us for so long and may God bless you...

The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence, regardless of his chosen field of endeavour.

10 comments:

my life.... said...

yeah..her voice is still youthful despite 72 yrs old...:)

Twisted DNA said...

Her voice did degrade in the past decade but she is still amazing for 70+.

There are a lot of songs I love of. She and Panchamda generated a lot of maigc.

About "mera kuch saaman," I know a lot of people who like that song, including my wife. Somehow I never thought of it as a good song. I feel that it has no poetic beauty. Different people like differnt things :)

La vida Loca said...

She id wonders in the 70s and 80s with RD Burman...And i like her singing

White Forest said...

so so true..she is young and her voice is much more :)

priya said...

The credit goes to her and her family for giving us such a wonderful songs by her.

Kalpana said...

The way she is....she rocks...

ketki said...

gosh! such youthfulness @ 72!
that's gr8!
loved the last line!

RandomThoughts said...

A lovely qutation which reflects life!

Asha Bhonsle is defenitely one of God's best creations!Her greatest plus is she is so humble in spite of her achievements!

Happy birthday to her!

Rashmi.

Shilpa said...

I visted her restaurant in Dubai recently. It was superb - food was gr8 and so was the ambience. So looks like Ashaji is multi-talented !

Mumbai Guy said...

Asha is just awesome. Oflate shez breaking a bit but I just love her style in signing.

For Evil Eyes on LO