Foreword

There is neither a structure nor a texture to this blog. The subject matter can be anything and everything under the sky that I feel about at any given point that I happen to sit and blog rambling about everything in general. My thoughts and views are basically influenced by what I read, hear, gather, and ponder... if there is any copyright violation which I have not duly acknowledged, kindly let me know.

My world comprises of LO the little one, OA the other adult at home, kiddo the brother :)

Search This Blog

Loading...

Oct 2, 2006

RD gems..

AAaaah.. I fall in love with this book each time I read a new one or re-read the old one.. I have this habit of re-reading books all the time... is it weird??? no idea, nevertheless, I enjoy them all the same :-).

There was this feature called Points to Ponder up until late 90's which offered these rare gems. I still wonder why they wrapped it up though..

No birth certificate is issued when a friendship is born. There is nothing tangible. There is just a feeling that your life is different and that your capacity to love and care has miraculously been enlarged without any effort on your part. It is like having a tiny apartment and somebody moves in with you, but instead of becoming cramped and crowded, the space expands, and you discover rooms you never knew you had until your friend moved in you... Steve Tesich

This soo true, when there is true love or bonding, we continuously keep re-discovering ourselves. One does not suffocate the other, rather extend a fresh breather. I just marvel at how beautifully the words can be woven together to convey a meaning.

Perfect Marraige... does it exist??

Well, a perfect marriage and a great marriage.... what would I prefer????

In a perfect marriage, everything is always the finest and best imaginable; like a Greek statue, the proportions are exact and the finish is unblemished. But who knows any humanbeings like that?? For a married couple to expect perfection in each other is unrealistic. The unblemished ideal exists only in happily-ever-after fairy tales. "If two people agree on everything, one of them is unnecessary." The sooner we accept that as a fact of life, the better we will be able to adjust to each other and enjoy togetherness. "Happily incompatible" is a good adjustment.. Billy Graham in Just As I Am.

This is so true, giving each other space, understanding each other's inconsistencies and fears, helping each other grow as individuals, coping up with things with minor disagreements here and there is all about life.

Have you ever noticed that when we start thinking about certain things constantly, they seem to be popping up from all the corners?? Like say I hear a new thing for the first time and think about it.. surprisingly I seem to find that everywhere I look around or every time I talk to a person.. or maybe I have been hearing and looking at it all the while but it suddenly acquires a new meaning when I actually look at it, I subconsciously pick it up and focus on it primarily.. Relationships seem to be my new-found fetish these days and no matter whatever else I read, my eyes are fixated at you know what ;-).

8 comments:

Kalpana said...

Is it about S? :)). Sush, u're growing up in relationships. And I am very happy for you the way u're becoming......

La vida Loca said...

The bit on the perfect marriage is soo wonderful!

my life.... said...

i want a great marriage... giving in to each other and understanding each other's feeling result in great marriage...

itchingtowrite said...

the last para is very true
BTW, I have tagged you. pls take it up.

Sush said...

Caps... collar egaresa... ;-). I surely feel more mature these days... maybe will beat you in the gyaan department if it goes on like that.. hehehe.

LVL -- Tx.

Lalita -- I wish and am sure you would find a perfect match and make a great marraige together.

ITW: Heee... tagged for the first time (**blush/blush**) will surely take it up... and it is soo true, the tags are very introspective.

Shilpa said...

Sushma,

u hv been tagged !

priya said...

S:

You have placed right words regarding marriage and relationship. They are both sharing and understanding with mutual consent. If u can clap with 2 hands so do all other things in life comes in.

artnavy said...

"happily incompatible" captures the spirit- do see my thoughts on the post "Till death do us part"

For Evil Eyes on LO