Foreword

There is neither a structure nor a texture to this blog. The subject matter can be anything and everything under the sky that I feel about at any given point that I happen to sit and blog rambling about everything in general. My thoughts and views are basically influenced by what I read, hear, gather, and ponder... if there is any copyright violation which I have not duly acknowledged, kindly let me know.

My world comprises of LO the little one, OA the other adult at home, kiddo the brother :)

Search This Blog

Loading...

Nov 20, 2006

So True...

Quotable Quotes...
True treasures experienced and voiced years ago. They hold good even today and are worth cherishing and remembering every once in a while. Sometimes when I read them, I feel they are so apt to the situation I am in at that point. Kind of gives me reassurance that people have been there before and come out victorious, it is just a matter of time and that particular moment will surely pass, learn from that moment and never let that affect your future.

Adversity is like a strong wind. It tears away from us all but the things that cannot be torn, so that we see ourselves as we really are.
-Arthur Golden (Memoirs of a Geisha)

Stress is an ignorant state, it believes that everything is an emergency.
-Natalie Goldberg, Wild Mind.


When my mind feels blank and empty, I just pick up
Wisdom or Reader's Digest
my fav books and whichever edition it is or however old it is, it never fails to relieve me of my tension. So much of knowledge just packed in a few pages imparting wisdom and knowledge...

Assumptions are the termites of the relationships.
-Henry Winkler.

Half of the harm that is done in the world is due to people who want to feel important.
- T.S. Eliot


How true it is to say that books are our best friends, they never leave us nor bother us. They show us the right path without actually listening to us or being judgmental. Choosing the book to read is vital and once you pick what is right for you, you are stuck with it for life and it is always a give-give and take-take relation from then on..

Thank you sooooo much God for these small mercies and the greatest treasures.

It takes considerable knowledge just to realize the extent of our ignorance.
-Thomas Sowell, Creators Syndicate

11 comments:

Kalpana said...

yes sush, books impart us knowledge and they are best friends. time will never be known when we are with it.

Keshi said...

**Assumptions are the termites of the relationships

OMG I just love that! Its soooo true.

Keshi.

my life.... said...

i know that books has alwyas been a person's best fren... but some how i cld not establish a good relationship with books particularly the fiction ones... i am still an avid reader of my newspapers, Newsweek, Asiaweek (used to be) and of course Reader's Digest... dad subscribe all these and i pick up and read them the moment they are delivered to my house... Reader's Digest , has played an impt part in my life since high school days.... it can make u laugh ( esp: laughter corner where the readers contribute) and some of the true stories... i can say that Reader's Digest is like a breeze to my mind...

itchingtowrite said...

good ones
how did the wedding go

Sush said...

Lalita: it is indeed a fresh breeze :-).

ITW: The wedding is on December 14th dear...

mommyof2 said...

beautiful:-)

Tapasya said...

Nice quotes. I liked the one on assumptions and relationships the most.

Daddy's Girl said...

Hmm.. beautiful post. Books truly are our best friends. It's amazing how much we learn from their pages. Reading this makes me want to go and read my favourite books again.

cardamom said...

Pearls of wisdom...too many strung in a single post...


//It takes considerable knowledge just to realize the extent of our ignorance.
..i luv this line...
-aby

Ekta said...

hey wow,
lovely quotes..loved the first one

White Forest said...

gud ones!

For Evil Eyes on LO