Foreword

There is neither a structure nor a texture to this blog. The subject matter can be anything and everything under the sky that I feel about at any given point that I happen to sit and blog rambling about everything in general. My thoughts and views are basically influenced by what I read, hear, gather, and ponder... if there is any copyright violation which I have not duly acknowledged, kindly let me know.

Ref: Chichkoo is what I lovingly call my daughter, kiddo my brother, amma and taatee my late maternal grandparents, and OA is the other adult in the family.

Search This Blog

Loading...

Feb 16, 2007

Cakes and Bakes

Cakes... yummy is what comes to my mind, in word associations that is ;).

When I look back at the moments that we celebrate, any occasion like birthday, wedding, farewell, beginning, etc., cakes are very much there. That delicacy has blended in our modern day life so much that we cant imagine anything else when someone says birthday party... (remember the dialogue "hum cake khane kahin pe bhi jaa saktey hai..." by Saif from Dil Chahta Hai, that is one of my alltime favorite scenes)..



When I recall, the cakes we used to have as kids were hard, bought from the local bakery or the home-baked cake with a hole in the center.. then arrived the varieties like cold cake, egg-less cake, cheese cake, pastries, plum cake, etc..... all yummy yummy yummy :).



Phew!!!! from buying to baking I have come a long way too!!!! A classic example of rusting professional skills and improving culinary skills ;)

5 comments:

Aysha said...

Did you make those cakes ?!?!?!

Main cake khane kahin pe bhi aa sakti hun !! ;-)

Sush said...

the first one is a pumpkin cheese cake bought at Target and decorated by M and Ms to celebrate our 1st net-meeting anniversary and the second one is the brownie cake I baked for the valentines day ;)... and you are welcome any time ;))

mommyof2 said...

good job:-)

Twisted DNA said...

Looks wonderful!

"rusting professional skills and improving culinary skills"
LOL

Gauri said...

Those cakes sure look yummy :-)

For Evil Eyes on LO