Foreword

There is neither a structure nor a texture to this blog. The subject matter can be anything and everything under the sky that I feel about at any given point that I happen to sit and blog rambling about everything in general. My thoughts and views are basically influenced by what I read, hear, gather, and ponder... if there is any copyright violation which I have not duly acknowledged, kindly let me know.

My world comprises of LO the little one, OA the other adult at home, kiddo the brother :)

Search This Blog

Loading...

Feb 16, 2007

My First Feast ;)

Considering the fact that I am a lousy cook, the very first attempt at an elaborate lunch for Sankranti turned out to be just fine... OF COURSE with a lot of help from S.. in terms of all the background prep like cutting, grinding, cleaning, etc...



It really turned out to be Super meal thanks to inputs from sailu and a good friend of ours...

For those wondering what the items are... pulihora(lemon rice), paravannam (sweet rice), garelu (vada), perugu vadalu(dahi vada), cauliflower curry, bendakaya vepudu (ladies finger fry) mudda pappu (dal), sambar, with rice... a typical andhra festival meal ;)

6 comments:

my life.... said...

hey Sush, Happy V Day to u dear!!!! may yr life be filled with happiness and love always... hey the meal looks sumptuous!!!

sailu said...

That's a wonderful looking spread, Sush. Great - for someone absolutely new to cooking.

Sailaja

Aysha said...

Way To Go !!

Desi food in Pardes !! :-)

Dahi Vadas look delicious...

@ said...

what a spread~!!!! good job, Sush!do we have another food blogger on the horizon?? ;)

Sush said...

lalita: The best part was it tasted good too.. :)

Sailu: Thank you so much for being the guiding spirit in my kitchen and cooking :)

Aysha: East or west for us desi is the best..


@: Food blogger naaaaaaaaaaah... i am just starting my baby steps in the cooking world.. as long as I am a housewife, I need to kill time, so cooking and blogging.

mommyof2 said...

After eating thing you must be feeling ok;-)yummy looking food:-)

For Evil Eyes on LO