Foreword

There is neither a structure nor a texture to this blog. The subject matter can be anything and everything under the sky that I feel about at any given point that I happen to sit and blog rambling about everything in general. My thoughts and views are basically influenced by what I read, hear, gather, and ponder... if there is any copyright violation which I have not duly acknowledged, kindly let me know.

My world comprises of LO the little one, OA the other adult at home, kiddo the brother :)

Search This Blog

Loading...

Apr 22, 2007

Deep Feelings and Some Rambling.......


There have been a lot of things on my mind of late. I think I am growing isolated gradually from the world events. As I realize the world is a smaller place, my world, in particular, is becoming smaller and smaller. I dont know what is going around me in US, dont know what is going on in India until my parents or friends tell me because I simply do not switch on TV or read newspapers any more. I do not like to read or view something bad early in the morning or for that matter any time of the day and so conveniently I cut myself off from all of it. Sometimes I feel a little ashamed of thinking only about myself and reacting only to things that matter to me. No doubt I care about people, but only about the ones who matter to me. I read blogs, talk to friends, they are my window to the world these days. I react to news and things just like everyone else, but do nothing to prevent anything or even try to make a difference any longer.. why is it so??? why am I becoming so self-centered, goal-less, and just passing my time doing nothing constructively?? Is this what I want to be, a good-for-nothing person who lived for herself... NOOOO....

The Virginia Tech Massacre about which everyone feels for so deeply today including myself, I did not even know it happened until my mom and bro called up and then something hit me hard, what the hell, where am I and what am I doing? I feel bad for what has happened, my heart bleeds just to think that these kids who had such a wonderful future are no longer there amongst us. Their parents will always have that vacuum in their lives which no matter what the whole world says or does can be filled. The Cho kid who did all this rants and rants about being abused, blames the rich, says there were a million ways in which it could have been avoided.. yup, for once he was right, there were a million ways.. If only someone had paid attention to what he had to say, if only someone spent some time on him. I just wish we ACT before in identifying problem areas rather than REACT later.. I wish I could do a lot more... well what is the point in just wishing?

May the souls of the victims rest in peace and may their friends and families find the strength to move on and the survivors get back to normalcy soon!!! and most importantly, may indifferent people like me get some sense of responsibility!!!

2 comments:

Me Myself and More said...

Wonderful Blog Sush...Great posts. You are very talented. Keep up this good work.

sahasra said...

If one is busy,he/she does handful of task b4 due time....if idle,we don't even care to do nagging things also.....ppl are craving for time management....and....we have ample time,donno how to kill some time....we never try to come out of the shell....

gud work...keep going lol.....

For Evil Eyes on LO