Foreword

There is neither a structure nor a texture to this blog. The subject matter can be anything and everything under the sky that I feel about at any given point that I happen to sit and blog rambling about everything in general. My thoughts and views are basically influenced by what I read, hear, gather, and ponder... if there is any copyright violation which I have not duly acknowledged, kindly let me know.

Ref: Chichkoo is what I lovingly call my daughter, kiddo my brother, amma and taatee my late maternal grandparents, and OA is the other adult in the family.

Search This Blog

Loading...

Apr 11, 2007

The Real Life... SS in US - 5


A lonely pigeon hiding away from the rain.. near downtown library..

Yesterday, I had this biometrics appointment scheduled for my EAD (work permit) and we had been on a bus ride for that and that completes my full utilization of public transport in Atlanta(train, bus, and horse :)). I liked the bus ride, the bus (with 2 TVs), the bus driver (a lady), the view en route.. everything. For the first time since I came to US, I felt I have seen the actual life in US. And, of course, I am done with the biometrics (fingerprint, signature, and photograph)part and just waiting for the permit to be posted.

Living in a property-managed apartment and being to stores like Target, Michaels, Steinmart, Macy's, Nordstorm, etc., I began to feel that the life in US is too perfect, movie-like, structured houses, properly mowed lawns, nice cars, neat trains, etc. For the first time, I saw normal life in US, the bus commuters, students, ranch houses, and loved every single thing. It felt nice to get a glimpse of the not-so-rich side of it. I loved the small homes that looked like doll houses by the roadside... Been to a food joint closeby and had an omlette sub that was real yummy but the lemon and pepper chicken wings.. yukkkkkkk! One thing that caught my attention and left me open-mouthed was the pet hotel... it happens only in US!!!!

Must say I loved this side of America a lot!!!! Given a chance, I would like to stay with an American family and see their lifestyle. I guess that would be a nice experience.

2 comments:

Aysha said...

Gal, that butterfly fluttering around is beautiful !!

Hey, living with an American family would be a great experience yaar..

And your collages are Awesome !!

:-))

Kalpana said...

Good Luck!

For Evil Eyes on LO