Foreword

There is neither a structure nor a texture to this blog. The subject matter can be anything and everything under the sky that I feel about at any given point that I happen to sit and blog rambling about everything in general. My thoughts and views are basically influenced by what I read, hear, gather, and ponder... if there is any copyright violation which I have not duly acknowledged, kindly let me know.

My world comprises of LO the little one, OA the other adult at home, kiddo the brother :)

Search This Blog

Loading...

May 20, 2007

Little Big Steps, Fear Factor .. SS in US 11

Thank God for the small mercies. My OH never stops me from doing things which I very much want to. I see a lot of women being scared to get out on their own, mostly because of the spouses retricting due to fear factor. I get lectured by a few ladies in the apartment about going alone to Target, Michaels, or Steinmart which are just a couple of blocks away from home. Well, it is true we need to be cautious but not so much that we miss out on simple pleasures like walking or meeting friends is what I feel.

The other day, my cousin had a gap of 3 hrs between flights in Atlanta and I was thrilled on being allowed to go on my own!!! I went there on my own, cab and train to airport, spent some time with the kiddo, had lunch at a sandwich shop in the mall on the way back in downtown and stayed in the library until OH was done with his office work. This might not be a big deal at all for a lot of you out there but for me who is dead scared of the seemingly never-ending escalators and crossing the roads alone, it is a huge leap. I love the busy life of downtown where we see a lot of people around and for once felt a part of it, doing something on my own that is.

1 comment:

sahasra said...

Had a nice day then...

For Evil Eyes on LO