Foreword

There is neither a structure nor a texture to this blog. The subject matter can be anything and everything under the sky that I feel about at any given point that I happen to sit and blog rambling about everything in general. My thoughts and views are basically influenced by what I read, hear, gather, and ponder... if there is any copyright violation which I have not duly acknowledged, kindly let me know.

My world comprises of LO the little one, OA the other adult at home, kiddo the brother :)

Search This Blog

Loading...

May 13, 2007

Me 'N' My Mom 'N' Her Mom

THIS is what I wrote about my mom last year for mother's day!!! Before I realize, it is another year and everything has changed so much in this year. My getting married is, I guess, one of the giant leaps in our relationships. I understand her situations better now and what she has done for us more than ever and appreciate it more. I do not regret knowing her much late in my life, I am just thankful now that I do.

She is one of the gentlest souls that one would ever come across, her helping nature is what used to irk me no end all my life and it still does at times. My God!!!, if someone asks her something that she has, all that she does is simply give it, mostly money, gold, sarees, stuff at home, anything and everything and my constant crib was "why dont you give me away someday too??" Each time I went over to granny's place, I used to find most of my old dresses, books, etc., gone.. the worst hit were my toys.. waaaa. It is not that I am not generous but I found that most people take advantage of her, she used to spend all her money giving away and the ones taking used to consider us fools, they still do at times. Her reply to this is "Gods sees it all, he has to give us and what he does we need to share" and tells this story which goes like a scorpion falls into water and the sage protects it by taking it out with his hands. As soon as it is out, it just stings its benefactor. When the passersby ask about this he says, kindness is my nature and stinging is its, we are both doing our duties".. phew!!! This Mothers Day I pray that she gets wise and starts taking care of herself as she is at the verge of retirement and almost penniless when she comes out thanks to her ultra-kind deeds!!! I feel so protective of her from across the seas but I know that she is the one who needs to help herself and understand people think it is madness and not kindness.

Well, before you think I switched my loyalties from my Amma, it is she who comes first always. I love her very much, the grief still hits me in waves just swirling me with it at times, but for the most part I have come to terms with her loss, it is my second mother's day without her. I still the remember way she used to be so happy that I wished first every year and ask what she wants for the day and all she ever asked was for me to be happy.. yup!! I am happy now, but she is not there to see that :(.

5 comments:

La vida Loca said...

awwww
sorry i wasnt around much..read some of the previous posts..very nice

Su said...

Hi Sush....
Yes, every mom is a gentlest soul...

I am very unfortunate to be separated from my mom. She passed away last year. I miss her a lot.... so much, that I cannot describe in words...

Her absence has created a vaccum.

The best and the only way to show your gratitude towards mom is to keep her happy...

Take care of her... make her smile .... always.....

sahasra said...

Belated Mom's day wishes!!!

kiran said...

Thats really touching..

joy said...

hi sush,
my dad is like that always giving n giving n he retired with much lesser money than most of his clerks thanks to his genorosity,though he was in no.4 position in vizag port.
but then i have to thank him for he showed us how genorous v should not be towards the unworthy. n yep he really worked hard to get the three of us good education n life

For Evil Eyes on LO