Foreword

There is neither a structure nor a texture to this blog. The subject matter can be anything and everything under the sky that I feel about at any given point that I happen to sit and blog rambling about everything in general. My thoughts and views are basically influenced by what I read, hear, gather, and ponder... if there is any copyright violation which I have not duly acknowledged, kindly let me know.

My world comprises of LO the little one, OA the other adult at home, kiddo the brother :)

Search This Blog

Loading...

Jul 16, 2007

The Work Permit..

.... and my woes still continue.. it has been nearly 7 months since I landed here on L2, supposedly eligible to work with EAD, which is still no where to be seen. Had taken an appointment with the immigration services office and been there to no avail. The employee made me wait for nearly 1-1/2 hours just to say that she has no info about the case and will mail me when she gets to know of the same.. :((... it was disheartening to get this response after going in a cab early in the morning, waiting there for quite some time... coming back, I came by a bus and train waiting for another hour or so just because I did not want to end up paying lots of money to the cabbie. Well, S gave me enough money for the round-trip but I was so down with nothing happening I just took the bus :(....

The site clearly mentions that we need not wait another 30 days after the 90-day processing time limit but no one seems to acknowledge the same even in the office. I guess Bureaucracy is same anywhere in the world or perhaps worse at some places :((

3 comments:

Aysha said...

Oh.. Poor Baby..
Dont worry.. Everything will be fine soon..
Cheer up now..

nalini said...

Hi ,

Nice blog you have maintained. I am also new to U.S on L2. Last year a friend of mine got her EAD within 4 months of applying. Did the rules change this year? I also need to apply for one.

Nalini

Kalpana said...

Oh God... How can she say no info about the case? Can you mail them for confirmation instead of going till there?

For Evil Eyes on LO