Foreword

There is neither a structure nor a texture to this blog. The subject matter can be anything and everything under the sky that I feel about at any given point that I happen to sit and blog rambling about everything in general. My thoughts and views are basically influenced by what I read, hear, gather, and ponder... if there is any copyright violation which I have not duly acknowledged, kindly let me know.

My world comprises of LO the little one, OA the other adult at home, kiddo the brother :)

Search This Blog

Loading...

Aug 22, 2007

60 Full Years!!! Freedom To Me Means....



We have come a long way ahead since the day India was declared independent and in the same vein split into two. Thanks to the efforts of hundreds of thousands of fighters we enjoy the freedom that we have today and dare to dream and struggle to achieve them. Though not overtly patriotic, I take pride calling myself an Indian love everything about India. There are times when I criticize it for being prone to corruption, blind beliefs, etc., etc., but then I can do that and get away because my country allows me that freedom of speech and expression and that is what I call, my friends, true independence. Not being shot at for speaking something against it, not thrown into jails for no reason. Though there is rampant corruption, I can still make myself heard and make a difference if I commit myself to it. India is my home and when I crib about flaws in India, it is just like how I crib about the flaws in my bro or any other person I know.

I now know appreciate the freedom that my motherland provides me for being born in it more than ever when I see so many restrictions in what I do, say or want to do when away from it.

There is so much that I want to say, yet so much remains unsaid because I just cant focus myself.

Freedom for me means everything. I feel suffocated when someone wants me to do something because I am supposed to and not because I want to. I cant tolerate when I am pushed into a corner and ideas are imposed on me. If I value any onething more than my life, it is my freedom and my sense of being free. If I compromise on that, I am not being me. When I value my own freedom so much, I realize how important it is for us as a nation to be free. Hatsoff to all the soldiers out there giving us the life that we lead and I sincerly bow to all those unsung heroes who struggle so that we can lead our lives in peace.

3 comments:

Kalpana said...

Well said .....

Drama Div@ said...

i can’t wait to celebrate our Independence Day which is end of this month!!!

Drama Div@ said...

cant wait to celebrate our Independence Day which is end of this month!! Happy birthday, Malaysia...

For Evil Eyes on LO