Foreword

There is neither a structure nor a texture to this blog. The subject matter can be anything and everything under the sky that I feel about at any given point that I happen to sit and blog rambling about everything in general. My thoughts and views are basically influenced by what I read, hear, gather, and ponder... if there is any copyright violation which I have not duly acknowledged, kindly let me know.

My world comprises of LO the little one, OA the other adult at home, kiddo the brother :)

Search This Blog

Loading...

Oct 22, 2007

bReAk!!!

Family is something which really matters to an individual, that is where we spend our formative years and their decisions, good or bad, will have a profound impact on the rest of our lives. There are times when I wanted to take a break from my own and rather be left alone but then again, heart is where home is (for me at least). Just when I think I am done with all the responsiblities and have a life of our own (me and OH) I feel this absolute need to go back and check on my mom. Well, for some it might seem extravagance, less-thoughtout action, not-needed thing, a big financial dent, etc., I think it is the least I can do for her, be there on her retirement and see to it that she is settled well after her long service to the office and the family. So, here I go after a lot of thought, agreements, and disagreements to be there with her at the time that is really a turning point in her life, which leaves her at cross-roads to make some crucial decisions. If nothing I would just be a pillar to lean on and just be there!! Old school of thought says parents are the son's responsibility, so that leaves my brother with the load, well I feel it is high time he takes up some too and I take a back seat, but still I think it is my duty to be there, a moment which I would never want to regret missing. Wish my mom good luck and a good life after retirement!!! Miss my amma all the more :((

6 comments:

Compassion Unlimitted said...

Hi.wonderful thought ,Sush,to be with elders embarking on a difficult phase in life.Difficult because most of people are not mentally prepared for retirement.The thoughts range from an insecurity, finding themselves sort of dependant on others,no,i am not talking of financial insecurity.Your thought of lending a shoulder is the most important one and when u give it with genuine love it does wonders making them feel wanted.Good thoughts ,follow it up with action.God bless.
TC
CU

Thinking aloud said...

yes, it is very essential to at least let tehm know how much they mean to you...life is a big circle...it is our turn now to support them...my state of mind right now too...hope we follow our good intentions...

Apple said...

I wish all good luck to your amma Sush...I appreciate your thoughts...

Pri said...

its very nice to know u care soo much...
reminds me of the sayin "a son is a son till he gets his wife,
a daughter remains a daughter till the end of life" :)

tk care and god bless!!

my life.... said...

dear sush, i understand how u feel... yes, all mothers are our god that we idolise and worship...Without her care, concern and sacrifices, i don t think we would have come this far... Love is the most essential element we receive from mothers... i just love my mother too :)

sahasra said...

Hope ur feelings will fill ur place on ur mom's retirement day if u can't make it.Though they won't express it outwardly,they long for ur presence as it is their BIG DAY ,a day for accomplishment in their life.

I don't agree it's only son's responsibility in taking care of parents.I often debate with elders in this matter.

Convey my wishes and regards to mom.

For Evil Eyes on LO