Foreword

There is neither a structure nor a texture to this blog. The subject matter can be anything and everything under the sky that I feel about at any given point that I happen to sit and blog rambling about everything in general. My thoughts and views are basically influenced by what I read, hear, gather, and ponder... if there is any copyright violation which I have not duly acknowledged, kindly let me know.

My world comprises of LO the little one, OA the other adult at home, kiddo the brother :)

Search This Blog

Loading...

Oct 9, 2007

Time Flies..

There was a time..

When I was just lazing around doing nothing and someone to take care of my every need and then there came a time when I was slogging out to make a name and place for myself in this world and marched on.

I feel so ancient at times..

The cricketers I knew and followed were Jadeja, Kumble, Srinath and the ones I liked a lot were Kapil and Vengsarkar.

Fairytales, Spider Man, Mahabharath, Ramayan, Vikram Betaal, Tom and Jerry, Micky and Donald were my favorite TV programs.

Chandamama, Bala Mitra, Tinkle, and Archies Digest were my favorite books.

Gorbachev, Jail Singh, Kumud Ben Joshi, Margaret Alva, Margaret Thatcher, Ronald Regan, Saddam (you heard it right) were my favorite leaders.

Tape recorder was my favorite gadget.

Now, looking at the kids these days, I wonder even if they know such things even existed. Well, looks like I already started my late 20s blues :((!!!

11 comments:

Kalpana said...

Hey,it's common raa. Our parents say we missed what they enjoyed and now, it's our time to say the same....... Heheeheeeeeeeeee....:)

Itchingtowrite said...

hey thanks for the schmooze awad..finally got around to placing it on my blog...

sahasra said...

Generation GAP.....

How r u,sush????

Drama Div@ said...

have a nice weekend!!

Apple said...

As kalpana said it's our turn now...and personally I never felt like I've missed something that my parents enjoyed...and So my kids I think....

CM-Chap said...

We got to accept na... That we have grownup... (oops that the only way)

Pri said...

heyy sush, its so great to read u again! :)
hows u been??
i see my blog link still there in ur list though i hope u havent forgotten me...

lotsa hugzzz

Compassion Unlimitted said...

Memories,Gods greatest gift to us..using it for happiness is in our hands>>!!
TC
CU

priya said...

That a nice post indeed. Do you live in Chicago?

Satish Bolla said...

chaala baagundhi. particular gaa "tape recorder is my fav gadget" konchem comic gaa undhi. gud writeup

madhu said...

that shows that we r no longer young but true feelings

For Evil Eyes on LO