Foreword

There is neither a structure nor a texture to this blog. The subject matter can be anything and everything under the sky that I feel about at any given point that I happen to sit and blog rambling about everything in general. My thoughts and views are basically influenced by what I read, hear, gather, and ponder... if there is any copyright violation which I have not duly acknowledged, kindly let me know.

My world comprises of LO the little one, OA the other adult at home, kiddo the brother :)

Search This Blog

Loading...

Dec 31, 2007

Farewell and Welcome!!

As the year comes to a close, it is the time to summarize and sum up as to how it went and how it had been personally, professionally, financially, and health-wise. For me, it was a year of new beginnings and discoveries and visiting many places that I could only dream of or errr.. could not even dream of.


"Beauty of Fall Colors"

Spring and Fall are undoubtedly the best seasons out here.. Spring because everything suddenly blooms and it is green everywhere you look at. Fall because of all the colors you see along the way and all those beautiful leaves that fall down on the roads covering them with colors. It has been a wonderful experience looking at these nature's marvels though I missed full-fledged fall experience because of my trip to India.


"The Mighty Niagara.. Reinforced The Power of Nature. Just too awesome view to put in words"

Niagara, when seen in person reminds you of the power of nature, the sound of the water falling on to the rocks, the mist that can be seen from miles away, just the feel on being there.. experiencing the falls from "Cave of Winds" is an amazing experience. The closer you get to the falls, the more you fall in love with it. The number of rainbows that you get to see in the daylight is a treat to the eyes. The ferry "Maid of Mist" takes you to the horse-shoe falls and it is a great feeling just being there below the falls and getting drenched in the tiny water droplets. The drive from NY to Niagara is a great one, especially that greenery just like a fairway and the landscaping. You just fall in love with acres and acres of unending greenery.


"Lady Liberty.. A peaceful place away from the usual NY rush"

It was a nice ferry ride to this island and seeing the green "copper lady" statue of liberty was good but when you look at the NY skyline from there, I really missed the twin towers and being there at that spot, Ground Zero, brought tears to my eyes. It gave me shivers even thinking about the crash replays that I had seen years ago in TV. Being right underneath that place where the towers once stood, I felt kind of a vacuum and re-shocked at the mindless violence.


"A Busy New York Night"

I had always been a Friends fan, and used to see those buildings and fire escape views of NY and also "Law and Order", "Sex and The City" etc. Being there in NY downtown, I really really felt good, looking at those tall skyscrapers, the Empire State Building with more than 100 floors, The United Nations Building, World of Astoria and some great hotels there, World's Largest Macy's, Ripley's Believe it Or Not, Madam Tussuad's Wax Museum, Statue of Liberty, Queens, Manhattan, Brooklyn Bridge, Ground Zero (the place where the twin towers stood). Man, this is the most happening place in the World. So many things happening, so many people around, the cabs racing past, the glitter and gloss of the place, everything about it left me awe-stuck, gaping at everything with awe. I simply fell in love with this place. It is a small world in its own.


"The Shamu Show... Awesome is the only word that comes to mind"

Seaworld in Florida is a place for joyrides, water shows, etc., a nice theme park with really great fireworks every night at 9. It is a must watch if you happen to be in Florida, we waited for hours to just catch a glimpse and it was worth all the wait.


"Universal Studios.. Florida"

Universal studios and the theme park are the "must-go" places for all the fun lovers for the scary rides, the simulated movie environments, everything about that place spells fun and yup one needs a lot of patience walking around acres and acres of land but all the effort is really worth the entertainment and enlightenment that awaits us :).

I worked, I resigned, I travelled a lot, I had fun, I had my depressed and sad moments but each time I fell in love with life afresh. In all, I lived life king size in this year and I leave you with the glimpses of the same.

The best thing has been that I have been in touch with most of my friends and the people who mattered to me through the net and of course this space even though I had been physically thousands of miles away from you all. Thank you, each and every one of you, for being there and sharing and caring. Everything that you did mattered a great deal in making this year a very special one. Hope everyone had similar wonderful experiences all year through and I wish each and every one of you a Very Happy, Healthy, and Prosperous New Year - 2008.

1 comment:

Kalpana said...

Wishing you the same! Happy 2008!

For Evil Eyes on LO