Foreword

There is neither a structure nor a texture to this blog. The subject matter can be anything and everything under the sky that I feel about at any given point that I happen to sit and blog rambling about everything in general. My thoughts and views are basically influenced by what I read, hear, gather, and ponder... if there is any copyright violation which I have not duly acknowledged, kindly let me know.

My world comprises of LO the little one, OA the other adult at home, kiddo the brother :)

Search This Blog

Loading...

Dec 30, 2007

Touched..

These past few days have been emotionally quite taxing for quite a lot of people across the globe for quite a few reasons.

I have seen two deaths in 2 consecutive days, one a violent one and the other sudden and unexpected. Both of them had left a deep impact not just on the immediate families but also their respective political parties and people in their constituencies who had a lot of hopes pinned on them.

I actually know nothing to judge as to what is wrong or right and why it happened and how and all that, but the assassination of Benazir Bhutto, though expected given the previous attack on her life in October had been a little too hard on me. Extremist groups, ruling party, not giving importance to personal security and moving closer to the crowds in a dangerous situation, whatever is the cause, it is too early and too violent a way for a life to end. I happened to see her in Rendezvous with Simi Garewal a few years ago and got an impression as to how well-read and clearly focused person she was and now I saw Frankly Speaking with TOI and liked the no-nonsense way in which she dealt with the interview. Fearless and Clear is what came to my mind when I saw that. Fearless she is, for who else would dare to go to a land knowing fully well there is a threat even after seeing her father and brothers lose their life. I admire her for the guts she had though not completely understand why she was the way she was. Just hope there is no anarchy in the neighboring country which in fact was a part of my homeland until 60 years ago. Considering the concept of global citizenship, I just wish there is peace and harmony everywhere.

Another person is our very own PJR or P. Janardhan Reddy, a politician from AP. Though I do not totally agree with his political affiliations (purely personal opinion), I admire him for the ability to get along with any group of the society and doing good for the people in the constituency. His sudden demise, infact just outside a political meeting which he was attending came as a shocker as I had not heard of his ill-health any time. I sure think this is a loss to many poor people who would have benefitted and his loss is undeniably is an irreplaceable one in the party for sure.

May their souls rest in peace.

No comments:

For Evil Eyes on LO