Foreword

There is neither a structure nor a texture to this blog. The subject matter can be anything and everything under the sky that I feel about at any given point that I happen to sit and blog rambling about everything in general. My thoughts and views are basically influenced by what I read, hear, gather, and ponder... if there is any copyright violation which I have not duly acknowledged, kindly let me know.

My world comprises of LO the little one, OA the other adult at home, kiddo the brother :)

Search This Blog

Loading...

Jan 14, 2008

Sambarala Sankranthi...

This is my second SANKRANTHI out here in states, a festival which signifies new beginnings for farmers, the harvest festival of south, and the one which is very close to my heart, considering we got to spend time in Guraza, my granny's place, and see all the festivities mentioned HERE. It is our very own "Thanksgiving Festival" to the Gods for the good harvest that we get after a whole year's hard work.

This time around too, it is quite cold over here and I am missing my ammamma and without her back home in India or here, it is one kind of one and the same for me other than that I am trying to relive her memories by continuing the tradition but that enthusiasm of sharing it with her is GONE FOREVER.

Got a new rice bag and groceries along with fresh fruit, sugarcane, etc. to signify the harvest beginnings, well it is not one and the same but yes a good substitute.

Wish each and everyone a very happy Sankranthi.

2 comments:

rads said...

Sankranti Subhaakaamkshalu! :)

Kalpana said...

Happy Sankranthi to you and your family too......

For Evil Eyes on LO