Foreword

There is neither a structure nor a texture to this blog. The subject matter can be anything and everything under the sky that I feel about at any given point that I happen to sit and blog rambling about everything in general. My thoughts and views are basically influenced by what I read, hear, gather, and ponder... if there is any copyright violation which I have not duly acknowledged, kindly let me know.

My world comprises of LO the little one, OA the other adult at home, kiddo the brother :)

Search This Blog

Loading...

Feb 17, 2008

... and that's me!!!



I have a few habits or things that I always do no matter where I am.. like growing a money plant or whatever its botanical name is but for me it is a money plant, a plant that I have seen growing up in almost all of the middle class homes either in a bottle or a pot, left to creep on the wall or window close by, one that grew with or without soil. Basically, I love greenery and this is one plant which can withstand any climate and still be green all the time, so here too it continues, I got a plant from Wal-Mart, a very very small one and now after a year it is growing (touchwood) and I have this strong feeling that if I have this plant with me I have money, I mean I dont have to search for every single penny, for me it signifies its common name, money plant.. call me crazy, call me nuts or whatever but " I am like thattt only."



By bro gifted me an aquarium with his first pay as a lecturer and so for the past 6 years, I had one at home which was a pain to maintain but a pleasure to just look at and forget all the tensions of the day, so I now after coming here, I had one too, but a betta sphere and two little fishies which I named Finny and Fanny which just died within days (my friends say that they committed suicide 'cos they did not like the names ;)), so this time I got a Betta, a male one, which has a lifespan of 3 years, and named it Bettu just because I am too lazy to go name hunting, so here goes Mr. Bettu, the new addition to our family. He is soo active that it took so long and a lot of patience to get this pic of his...

6 comments:

Krishna Kumar said...

While reading ur money plant...i remembered my sissy...Archanakka...she used to grow the same plant in our house..and takes care of it...she treats it as her child...!!!

Kalpana said...

Manchi hobbies raa.......Sorry for what happened to those cute little fishes......

my life.... said...

So nice of yr brother to buy for u an aquarium. Actually my house also have money plants and my parents also believe it gives our family more money...I used to have a lot of rose plants but each time a rose blooms, the rose goes missing. Someone just pluck it away so we just grow money plant...

rads said...

Nice green looking plant. The husband has named me 'plant nazi" after well nazi'ing a few over the winter. Once upon a time I had a green thumb, now it's become like a brown thumb or something. :)

Satish Bolla said...

Plants meedha manaki pedha makkuva ledhugaani, right now, am desparately searching for a gud aquarium. any suggestions? brahmachaari kompa lo elaanti fishes penchocchu?

Padma said...

Loved the name of ur bettu.... intial gaa meeru pettukun finny n fanny ee fishes? I mean the bread

For Evil Eyes on LO