Foreword

There is neither a structure nor a texture to this blog. The subject matter can be anything and everything under the sky that I feel about at any given point that I happen to sit and blog rambling about everything in general. My thoughts and views are basically influenced by what I read, hear, gather, and ponder... if there is any copyright violation which I have not duly acknowledged, kindly let me know.

Ref: Chichkoo is what I lovingly call my daughter, kiddo my brother, amma and taatee my late maternal grandparents, and OA is the other adult in the family.

Search This Blog

Loading...

Feb 25, 2008

Aina Mujhse Meri...


Music with lyrics has many a times made me feel free. The melody, the lyrics, cant say one thing in particular but there are many songs which have touched me in one way or the other, at some point in time and have soothed me, set me thinking, just set me free .. music has always left its impact on me and in this series I plan to present myself from a musical angle, my feelings and about me in general with the aid of songs and lyrics..

The other day on the long drive back home from Charlotte I was silent for a change, just listening to the music and giving in to it rather than my usual looking at the road, sky, or sleep or just plain chatter away...

These days I am a lot more into soul searching and hence this suits my present mood and instantly made me sit up and listen to it again and again and again...

aaina mujse meri paheli si surat maange
mere apne meri hone ki nishani maange


The mirror asks me for my old self...
My own people ask me for proofs of being myself...


mein bhatakta hi raha dard ke viraane mein
wakht likhta raha chehre pe har pal ka hisaab


I have been wandering in eerie sorrows...
and time kept leaving a record of each moment on my face..

meri shohrat meri diwaangi ki nazar huyi
pee gayi mai ki botal meri geeto ki kitaab

My fame has lead to me to a mad world and the bottle has taken over my song..

aaj lauta hun to hasne ki ada bhool gayaa
yeh shahar bhoola mujhe mein bhi ise bhool gayaa

Now when I return, I forgot the art of smiling..
the world has forgotten me and so did I forget the world..

--- a pathetic effort at translation but for those who can enjoy the lyrics, it is awesome...
Movie: Daddy.

5 comments:

Apple said...

Nice transaltion Sush...I've watched this song from your videos...Good one....

Nenu kooda ee roju sirivennela movielo paatalu vintoo gone thru the same phase as you did :)

Krishna Kumar said...

Good stuff akka...and have u checked Taare Zameen Par songs and lyrics...?

Satish Bolla said...

Hey, dat's a wonderful translation. Never call it a "pathetic" one. Inthake ye movie lo song idhi?

La vida Loca said...

thats niice

Kalpana said...

Ela unnavu?

For Evil Eyes on LO