Foreword

There is neither a structure nor a texture to this blog. The subject matter can be anything and everything under the sky that I feel about at any given point that I happen to sit and blog rambling about everything in general. My thoughts and views are basically influenced by what I read, hear, gather, and ponder... if there is any copyright violation which I have not duly acknowledged, kindly let me know.

My world comprises of LO the little one, OA the other adult at home, kiddo the brother :)

Search This Blog

Loading...

Mar 9, 2008

Wo-Man!!


"Karyeshu Daasi; Karaneshu mantri; rupecha lakshmi; kshamaya dharitri; bhojyeshu mata; sayaneshu rambha; shat dharmayukta kuladharmapatni"


This sloka from scriptures describes an ideal wife using the following 6 characteristics --
1. -- who acts like a servant maid to do household chores.
2. -- who acts like an able minister giving appropriate advice.
3. -- who looks like Goddess Mahalakshmi.
4. -- who is patience-personified like mother earth.
5. -- who showers affection like a mother and serves food.
6. -- who showers love on a man and please him.

While it symbolizes an ideal woman, whenever I listen to it I wonder if there is even a single guideline for a man.. I am not a feminist but it hurts me and I raise my voice way above the desired decibel level when I see people who treat their wives different than their mother and sister and the women who forget how it feels when we inflict pain on to another individual.. no big claims no great wishes.. treat us as just another human being nothing else!!

9 comments:

Kalpana said...

Hey Sush, inka ivanni evaru nammuthunnaru ippudu? If it is for a woman, then we'll write the same for a man............because ivanni valle manam ila undaali ani raasaaru kabatti. Kaalam maruthundi, so we'll write the same.............Heheheeeeee, but, it's really not a joke............
Happy Women's Day! Though late to wish........ Men should start to realize how to treat women since now they are also well educated(Education, manchi gnanam isthundi, kabatti). It's not about how well we are, it's about how we treat or see others, that's what is humanity. So, let's try to be humans...........

my life.... said...

Yes i agree with you gal... Why some men treat their wives differerntly from their mothers and sisters...They have always wanted a certain expectation from their wife- to - be but how abt women who wanted the same expectation from man? Maybe this is how the society functions...

Satish Bolla said...

i agree with you. i promise u that i'll never do so as this is beyond my policy too

Apple said...

Raasindi evaro maga mahaa manishi ayi vuntaadu sush..:) Belated happy Women's day

SK said...

Hi,
Happy Woman's Day! :--)

joy said...

u r right i think its from manudharmam...guidelines for life.i sincerely hope he wrote something for men also but selectively forgotten by later only generations.
u know what a women should be all that to her man and a man should be all that to a women,a friend philosopher,guide,lover,servant just everything then only the marriage can be happy for both

Satish Bolla said...

sush, i've dedicated something for you. goto the below link and check out the 266th comment.

http://tohellyea.blogspot.com/2008/02/bloggerville-crush-confessions.html

Krishna Kumar said...

akka...modernized women gurinchi kooda okka line include chesthe baguntundi kada...

karmickids said...

Lordie, am only the sage advice part of it. And here I was thinking I was the ideal woman...LOL.

For Evil Eyes on LO