"Karyeshu Daasi; Karaneshu mantri; rupecha lakshmi; kshamaya dharitri; bhojyeshu mata; sayaneshu rambha; shat dharmayukta kuladharmapatni"
This sloka from scriptures describes an ideal wife using the following 6 characteristics --
1. -- who acts like a servant maid to do household chores.
2. -- who acts like an able minister giving appropriate advice.
3. -- who looks like Goddess Mahalakshmi.
4. -- who is patience-personified like mother earth.
5. -- who showers affection like a mother and serves food.
6. -- who showers love on a man and please him.
While it symbolizes an ideal woman, whenever I listen to it I wonder if there is even a single guideline for a man.. I am not a feminist but it hurts me and I raise my voice way above the desired decibel level when I see people who treat their wives different than their mother and sister and the women who forget how it feels when we inflict pain on to another individual.. no big claims no great wishes.. treat us as just another human being nothing else!!