Foreword

There is neither a structure nor a texture to this blog. The subject matter can be anything and everything under the sky that I feel about at any given point that I happen to sit and blog rambling about everything in general. My thoughts and views are basically influenced by what I read, hear, gather, and ponder... if there is any copyright violation which I have not duly acknowledged, kindly let me know.

My world comprises of LO the little one, OA the other adult at home, kiddo the brother :)

Search This Blog

Loading...

May 4, 2008

At the Price of...

As a child, I wanted to grow up fast, but even as I was in my teens, I started missing my blissful childhood days. We grow up and are expected to be mature and dignified and restrain ourselves from expressing ourselves compltely. Even more so after the marraige, the role a "wife" is supposed to be the most dignified one as she needs to bring up the family and pave a way for the entire family to follow. Yup, I have grown up but at the price of

-- not being able to play with sand, building castles pouring the sand all over the body and hair and not bothering to clean it up later because the mom would do.

-- not being able to make bubbles with straw in the glass and see the rainbow colors from light falling through them.

-- not knowing fear or hatred.

-- not being taken care of every single moment but expected to take care of each and every thing.

-- not being able to use see-saw and sliders in the park along with swings pushed by someone else.

-- not being able to wear two pigtails, ponytails, frocks, and those tiny tiny dresses and shoes and have people ooh and aah at us.

-- not being able to sleep anywhere and everywhere without having to try too hard.

most of all -- not being able to run away from the messy world into the warm lap of amma and forget everyting, being shielded and protected from all the evil lurking around.

4 comments:

Kalpana said...

Hmm, so many memories kadaa...

rads said...

Totally kada :)

sucks big time too.

Satish Bolla said...

i feel like crying when i remember some of my childhood days. they used to b so gud... lots of freedom, lots of love... lots of care
and now, i hurt my leg and there's no one to gimme some advice. and i messed it up so much and there's no one to take care of me even whn am not able to stand. this is just one example

Satish Bolla said...

hey, i just posted a comment and it disaapeared!!!!
anyways, i feel like crying whn i compare my childhood days with the present ones. they used to b full of freedom, love, care....

For Evil Eyes on LO