Foreword

There is neither a structure nor a texture to this blog. The subject matter can be anything and everything under the sky that I feel about at any given point that I happen to sit and blog rambling about everything in general. My thoughts and views are basically influenced by what I read, hear, gather, and ponder... if there is any copyright violation which I have not duly acknowledged, kindly let me know.

My world comprises of LO the little one, OA the other adult at home, kiddo the brother :)

Search This Blog

Loading...

Aug 15, 2008

Phelps .. The Human Whale



.. Aqua Gladiatior is how he is referred to as and deservingly so.. am really amazed at this guy's single-minded determination, extreme focus with eyes set on one goal, 8 medal victory a new world olympic record. It is really rare to see such kind of motivation and determination and it gives me a great pleasure to see him equal the existing record by Mark Spitz, another American.

It is extremely heartening to see the motivation and the recognition one gets from their nation.. looking at the number of medals, in fact more than the contestants that represent India, I just hope and pray India too competes with other nations just like it does in all other fields.

This victory also reminds me of Ian Thorpe (LINK HERE), my favorite swimmer from Australia and cant but help feel sad at his early retirement citing waning motivation as the reason.. Agreed after every rise there is a fall but I would like the rise to be complete before the downfall begins..




I wish all the very best to Phelps and cant to wait the much-deserving win with him and the entire world..

No comments:

For Evil Eyes on LO