Foreword

There is neither a structure nor a texture to this blog. The subject matter can be anything and everything under the sky that I feel about at any given point that I happen to sit and blog rambling about everything in general. My thoughts and views are basically influenced by what I read, hear, gather, and ponder... if there is any copyright violation which I have not duly acknowledged, kindly let me know.

My world comprises of LO the little one, OA the other adult at home, kiddo the brother :)

Search This Blog

Loading...

Sep 11, 2008

Sensible Humor

really loved this one... no-nonsense way to state the facts :).

An ingenious example of speech and politics occurred recently in the United Nations Assembly that made the world community smile.



A representative from India began: 'Before beginning my talk I want to tell you something about Rishi Kashyap of Kashmir, after whom Kashmir is named.

When he struck a rock and it brought forth water, he thought, 'What a good opportunity to have a bath.'

He removed his clothes, put them aside on the rock and entered the water.

When he got out and wanted to dress, his clothes had vanished. A Pakistani had stolen them.'

The Pakistani representative jumped up furiously and shouted, 'What are you talking about? The Pakistanis weren't there then.'

The Indian representative smiled and said, 'And now that we have made that clear, I will begin my speech.'

And they say Kashmir belongs to them………………………………………..

One more sentence that I used to love and is much of my style..

"Doodh maango kheer denge.. Kashmir maango cheer denge"

7 comments:

Kalpana said...

hehheheeeeee :)

joy said...

well said

uvr said...

that is a good one.. :)

Ramya said...

lol... good one Sree

Swathi said...

he he good one re sree!!!

soundhi said...

wow........the last sentence was excellent.....a very gud post sree gaaru.... ;)

Satish Bolla said...

really funny. i was sharing this with my colleagues as soon as i heard them.... ;)

For Evil Eyes on LO