Foreword

There is neither a structure nor a texture to this blog. The subject matter can be anything and everything under the sky that I feel about at any given point that I happen to sit and blog rambling about everything in general. My thoughts and views are basically influenced by what I read, hear, gather, and ponder... if there is any copyright violation which I have not duly acknowledged, kindly let me know.

My world comprises of LO the little one, OA the other adult at home, kiddo the brother :)

Search This Blog

Loading...

May 8, 2009

Me.. The Mom


How do you feel now that you are a mother?? This is one question that I loved asking my friends enjoying the motherhood and now when it is my turn it somehow feels so unreal at times and ecstatic at others.

It has been nearly a month and I still am to come to terms with the fact that I have this tiny little baby all for myself, who is entirely dependent on me and everything that I do or dont do will have an impact on her for the rest of both of our lives.

She is the one I have always wanted, the most precious gift to me. I have always wondered how it feels and now I know.. like I read or heard somewhere, it is like my heart outside my body. She has been a part of me for so long that she still feels like an extended body part to me.

On her way out, she has left a baby-shaped hole in my heart which I can feel, hear, see, and kiss for real. When they say that a woman is complete when she becomes a mother, it might not always be true because completion means a lot of things to a lot of people. For me, being complete is giving a meaning to our own life and to the people around us. She has made me a mother and it is up to me to bring her up and make myself complete. She has started a new chapter in my life and giving meaning to it is in my hands now. God give me the strength to be worthy of being a mother to this tiny angel.

It is like ME in me has given way to HER in my life and with one look, she has earned a slave for life in me. I reiterate my promise to you my LO that I will be there no matter what until the time you need me and I pledge my life to you and your well-being!!

4 comments:

Kolli said...

Congratulations on being a mom. I came across your blog while searching for the song "Evaru raayagaru amma anu....." from amma raajeenaama.
Quite intriguing! Added the link to my feed and came back to congratulate you. I always wanted to spend time to write but always postponed it. I was almost going to pin in on my 1 yr old son, but decided against it after looking at your post :)
So your little one is 1month old huh... Enjoy her as much as you can and yes keep writing as well... catch you later.
-Swathi

Ramya said...

Hi Sree, Nice write up, shows Mother in you is happy...Enjoy your Motherhood

Kalpana said...

You will do a great job, dear!!! :)

mommyof2 said...

congrats!!! You will be a wonderful mommy:-)hugs

For Evil Eyes on LO