Foreword

There is neither a structure nor a texture to this blog. The subject matter can be anything and everything under the sky that I feel about at any given point that I happen to sit and blog rambling about everything in general. My thoughts and views are basically influenced by what I read, hear, gather, and ponder... if there is any copyright violation which I have not duly acknowledged, kindly let me know.

My world comprises of LO the little one, OA the other adult at home, kiddo the brother :)

Search This Blog

Loading...

Jan 2, 2010

Simple pleasures...




New Year to me is just another day, never a big deal other than exchanging cards.. almost always tensed up about how the new year would be, never a big celebration.. not even after married, it is just another day with the exception of the last 2 digits which have remained the same over the last 365 days changing... with the exception of a couple of years which all of us "Aptech Girls" had fun at Bindu's place.. but then again, it was fun because we were all together, not because of new year..

I know, I am like that.. what to do :).

The beginning of this year is a bit shaky with me and LO falling sick one after the other and on the way to recuperation. We invited the new year with Rangoli, the very first on my own alone though I had done a few back in US, but this was out and out traditional rangoli done with muggu, kallaapu and all that.


It was basically a combined effort of me, Padma Aunty (neighbor) and buddu my sweet little helper to whom I will be indebted forever for taking such a great care of my kid.. and of course not to leave behind the little kids who despite of requesting not to piped in to help throwing colors all over... It was fun, it was different, reminded me of good old days when my grandmother used to do the rangoli and we used to sit around watching in awe, the dots taking amazingly beautiful forms. It was a good break from routine, it was nice to be in cold air, close to sand, mud, muggu and all.

The one above, chilakala muggu is done by my mom on popular demand, did I tell you, she does the best rangoli if she puts her mind to it though she hardly does that.

The outcome was good, the happiness on the faces of the kids was priceless and by the end of it all my old creaky body was cramping all over :).


The finished products

The top one is done by buddu and colored by me, the next one done and colored by Padma Aunty, the first one on the bottom and the one in the center are done and colored by me and the last one done by Padma aunty.

Actually, this was done by me because of Rads, I had been tagged earlier in this blog by her which can be seen HERE which actually made me sit down and do this and relive those moments... so Rads this rangoli below is for you..

and finally, I loved it all the more when LO just loved this one and refused to play anywhere but here... mmuuuaaaahhh my doll... Wish you a happy new year and loads of happiness.


Wishing all of you all a very happy new year...

8 comments:

rads said...

Thank you so very much!! What a wonderful new year treat telusa? :-)

That pink muggu you drew is my favorite too, lol.

It is fun isn't it? :)

Alapana said...

enduko pictures choosthunte kalla lo neeru thirigindi. palletoorlu, vaati andam, anandam inka eppatiki nenu choodalenemo ane digulu. anthe ga, busy life ane tag padesukuni bathikesthunnamu,

muggu chala baagundi:)

Bhagi said...

Muggulu chala bagunnayi Sree, brought back memories ..when we used to do this with the whole family.....

Kalpana said...

MUggulanni superb, kaani Sreya enjoyment inkaa super...

Happy 2010!!! :)

Sunita said...

Bale bagunnayi muggulu.. :) Sankranti spl muggula kosam waiting aithe nenu.. ee sari gobbemmalu kooda petti photo pettara pls.. ennallaindo nijam ga choosi!!

Sree said...

thank you guys... and good to see you here...

@Neelima.. you are always welcome to the village and relive those memories... thank you for the comment....

@Rads... vistaraaku muggu kada adi... i wanted that as a gift to you but my daughter liked the other one better, so that was it.. :).

@Bhagi.. first time in the comments kada... felt good... keep visiting..

@Sunintha.. sure pettestaa... aa matram encouragement undaalekaani kumming manam :).

@Caps... pillakay mast aadukundi.. taravata kadagaleka nenu chaccha kaani..

Chandra said...

Simply Sree,
I like your Blog. When I read your views, it's like reading from my diary most of the times.

Chandra

Sree said...

thank you so much Chandra.. and welcome to the blog officially :).

For Evil Eyes on LO