Foreword

There is neither a structure nor a texture to this blog. The subject matter can be anything and everything under the sky that I feel about at any given point that I happen to sit and blog rambling about everything in general. My thoughts and views are basically influenced by what I read, hear, gather, and ponder... if there is any copyright violation which I have not duly acknowledged, kindly let me know.

Ref: Chichkoo is what I lovingly call my daughter, kiddo my brother, amma and taatee my late maternal grandparents, and OA is the other adult in the family.

Search This Blog

Loading...

Feb 28, 2010

Have a Happy Organic Pollution-Free Holi

Holi is one festival I really really enjoyed as a kid, the Gulaal, the color water, the egg throwing, water dips, being beaten by mom for getting colors all over again after a complete wash... the whole festival has "total masti" written all over it... The 2 songs in Chitrahaar
"Jai Jai Shiv Shankar.." and "Rang Barse Bheege Chunarwaali" was all about holi :)...

However, back then we lacked the consciousness about surroundings 'cos no one actually taught us...

So, guys when you celebrate holi make sure you use natural colors and not the ones with chemicals in them.
Yellow -- grind the turmeric.
Red -- You get red chandan.
Green -- dried and ground mehendi.
Brown/deep brown -- coffee, tea decoction.
Eggs/Egg Yolks - for yellow, sticky jelly white :).
Water..
Beetroot for that gulali pink.. or better still mud and clay :))))))...

Good for skin, good for environment... why not try this this year???

Yes, yes, yes, yes kiddo will be splashed with all these colors along with the mud that she actually likes going into tomorrow....

Happy Holi, happy colors, happy bhang, happy drenching, happy moments and loads of happiness.. :).

1 comment:

mikesac said...

Good thing this time around we saw many buying organic colors...expensive though but much better for the purpose.

NYC dryer vent cleaning

For Evil Eyes on LO