Foreword

There is neither a structure nor a texture to this blog. The subject matter can be anything and everything under the sky that I feel about at any given point that I happen to sit and blog rambling about everything in general. My thoughts and views are basically influenced by what I read, hear, gather, and ponder... if there is any copyright violation which I have not duly acknowledged, kindly let me know.

My world comprises of LO the little one, OA the other adult at home, kiddo the brother :)

Search This Blog

Loading...

Apr 19, 2010

A mother..

is a mother no matter which species she belongs to....

we have a stray pet called Junglee or Jangu for short.. a stray puppy who stays in our yard and plays with the kid, we feed it once a day and since it got pregnant started feeding it well and it just stopped going out, so kind of a forced pet...

A couple of years ago, when I had come down first it was a 2 month old or so puppy and this is its second pregnancy already... she lost all its puppies from first delivery and this time only one survived.. the basic problem is I am told the dogs dig a deep pit in the earth and deliver the kids there to protect the kid from other animals.. this one dug a pit so deep and the second day it rained heavily and we could not rescue the pups as we were not aware of the location it dug the pit in :((((((... this time too the same thing happened, but we located the pit and by the time it let us put our hands in only one pup was left.. we got it out and it is safe now... and I named it pingu to rhyme with Jangu.

the thing is the new pup has just started eating food... I fed Jangu some curd rice and it was eating it up, just then pingu (its son) came and started licking it... Jangu had finished everything in her bowl by then but seeing pingu take interest in eating, she vomited a little food and gave it to pingu... I was trying to shoo away the pup from eating it but the maid told me that that is how the mothers feed their young ones, eat somewhere and come and vomit and the pup feeds on it until she gets old enough to fight other strays and get food for itself :(((...

a young pup which was smaller than the one she has right now which grew in front of my eyes is a mother and is teaching me lessons in motherhood... tears did not stop for a while, I missed my amma all the more and I thank my mother for the help she is right now and sleep with a heavy heart, thinking about survival of the fittest, the mother baby love and a lot more things!!!!!

PS:

My system had conked and I had to get a new lappy much against my hatred to it.. I prefer a desktop always :( because of mobility constraints and a whole lot of things.. anyways wish me good luck with my work and hopefully a new lappy means a new beginning....

Thanks for all the concern, calls, mails and messages.. me and the kiddo are doing well (touchwood) and hope you have been doing great too...

1 comment:

syamd said...

Very touching incident! Take care of pingu and jangu.

For Evil Eyes on LO