Foreword

There is neither a structure nor a texture to this blog. The subject matter can be anything and everything under the sky that I feel about at any given point that I happen to sit and blog rambling about everything in general. My thoughts and views are basically influenced by what I read, hear, gather, and ponder... if there is any copyright violation which I have not duly acknowledged, kindly let me know.

My world comprises of LO the little one, OA the other adult at home, kiddo the brother :)

Search This Blog

Loading...

Apr 22, 2010

This Summer...




It has been a tiring summer from the start and it rained heavily yesterday.. my heart goes for all those farmers who had the crop out in the farms :(... just wish it stops raining today, bad for mangoes, bad for other crops, bad for the consumers, bad for the farmers.. should this all happen.. i mean not raining at the time of sowing and drenching and drowning at the time of harvesting!!!!

Owing to the rain yesterday, I am absolutely sure that it is going to be hotter than ever today and tomorrow... it is hot but we are still stuck to no a/c routine but have to use cooler once in a while... the sun seems to pull out the energy using straw like the ad that we see these days on TV, dont remember what though.. if this is the case of a little privileged people what about others who toil it out in the sun....

When I crib about it all... God quietened me down showing...

... a man in his late 50s on three-wheel specially design cart for the disabled selling peanuts and masala chana for the living.
... a 14-year-old boy who supplies water to the houses from a local well or the Naandi water tank after school hours to support his mom and brother.
... a 70-year-old woman selling jasmine flowers in the hot sun because by evening the flowers would bloom and she wont get to sell them.
... a whole lot of labor on the road repair session with their kids lying around in hot sun under the shade of lorries, playing in dirt :((((((...

the one where months or maybe even days old babies hung on to the nearest trees in their cloth swings with moms toiling it out on the roads crushed me beyond words...first thought was how could they put the kids through it all, the second thought was who would want to do that if they had enough to make two square meals a day and final thought before going to bed was why the hell is the injustice... where 90% of the wealth in the world is concentrated with 10% of the people and remaining 90% of the population survives on the bare 10%... why?? what have they done to be born that way and what have we done to be born with just about enough and why are a few born with excess to maintain a nation and still be left with a lot more??? why the inequality...

but then thank God, God has given the less privileged in terms of money the energy to work and earn and when I see that beautiful smile of the kids with their faces streaked with mud and dust, playing with sand and rubble on the roads, happy with some leaves and twigs, I want to go clean them up, play with them for a while, give them some toys to cheer them up... but all I do is wish them good health, pray that their kids dont have to endure it all and just pass by with a heavy heart because the ones traveling with me, mostly my maama, would be pressed for time...

when people argue and tell me on my face that I am a miser not to get an a/c for my kid, fine I dont really bother about their opinion, I want the kid to know what the actual world around her is.. no I wont take her on the road to play with those kids but I will just see to it that she is healthy, comfortable, happy and safe... Luxury is something which she needs to get by her own choice and by her hard work, she is going to get only comfort and loads of love from me.

... and by the way for human beings there are these "chalivendralu" or water facilities some where but in this hot sun, the birds will die... so please please leave some water for those thirsty birds which sing to us and fill the world with beauty and music!!!! Quenching the thirst in this hot summer is the least we can do...

No comments:

For Evil Eyes on LO