Foreword

There is neither a structure nor a texture to this blog. The subject matter can be anything and everything under the sky that I feel about at any given point that I happen to sit and blog rambling about everything in general. My thoughts and views are basically influenced by what I read, hear, gather, and ponder... if there is any copyright violation which I have not duly acknowledged, kindly let me know.

My world comprises of LO the little one, OA the other adult at home, kiddo the brother :)

Search This Blog

Loading...

Jul 8, 2010

Teerani Kalena??

This is one really touching ad.. One thing I really really want to do with all my heart and have not been able to do is donating blood. I dont really remember when it started, the urge to give blood, that is. Donating eyes, organs and blood, the ads related to them.. I dont really remember one incident that triggered that desire but the urge grew with me.. but I remember my father (no matter how much I hate him for his way of life) donating twice a year or as needed.

When it came to implementation, first there was this age restriction, then I was underweight (it is really funny now to think that I was underweight at one point considering what I have put on postpartum), then I was in US, then I got pregnant and later on now... anemic... phew!!!!

I still remember my colleagues making fun of me not to go to the camp area because they would just ask me to lie down and give me some and go :((... I always used to go down, the doctor used to check my height and weight and then turn me down and that silly coordinator would offer me the juice and send me upstairs :((.

Now, when we were looking for donors for my maama, I was stopped because I am clinically anemic :((((.

I so badly want to do it once in my lifetime before it is too late to give blood.. so my resolution is to be able to donate blood on next LO's birthday!!!

What triggered this post is a cute ad that I got to see HERE.

It will surely make me feel good 'cos the thought of doing it one day fills me eagerness to get back to great health.

By the way, I am A positive!!

9 comments:

Renuka said...

hehe...your post took me to the old days when i was sent back by co-ordinators in our office as i was under weight..this was before marraige :)
tarvatha mom anemic ayinappudu donate chesanu, kanee ventane kallu tirigi padipoya..so ippudu nenu donate chestha ante evaroo oppukoru :(

Sunita said...

I think I know what you feel Sree, I was anemic for a long time and was not able to donate blood.. but recently during a blood donation camp at work, I tested fine and donated blood. Kanipinchina prati okariki oka 10 days ide cheptu unnanu :) You will be healthy pretty soon and donate blood, its the positive thought that helps!

sf信dg豪d王d佳d玲gdw謝 said...

認清問題就等於已經解決了一半的問題。.................................................................

吳婷婷 said...

當一個人內心能容納兩樣相互衝突的東西,這個人便開始變得有價值了。............................................................

Kalpana said...

Hey, ad chaala baagundi... Naaku entho ishtam blood donate cheyaalante. Eppudu theeruthundo aa aasa. I made an attempt when in MCA raa, college lo evaro sis ki baagokapothe, I stood and went immediately along with them... But akkada appatike gents blood theesukunnaaru. They prefer ladies next to gents... Sarey ani avasaramaithe call cheyamanna naaku. Ika intiki vellaka chudu dad thitle thitlu. First thing, intlo cheppaledu, oppukorani thelisi.. Next entante, nenu intiki vachchi nenu chese panulu chepthaa eppudu, but never before.. heheheee. So, aa debbaki thitlu inkaa ekkuva paddaayi... Ika theerani kala ayyi kurchundi. H does this donating blood stuff through office / colleagues. Naaku ee saari cheppamannaa thanu chesthe.. So chudaali... I wish I do it... Prob ekkada ante, naadi universal... so evariki urgency ledu... :(
But I wish I do... :)

Sree said...

@Renu... I know, intention untundi but adi bayataki chepte pade titlu inni anni kaadu :(..

Sunitha... wow, you did it.. naadeppudo

Sree said...

caps...

i can imagine uncle, aunty, naanamma taatayya doing that firing session one after the other ;)... Hem emi anaru kada, next time tanato paatu kaanicchey... nenu antalopu gear up autunna..

蕙春蕙春 said...

一個人的際遇在第一次總是最深刻的,有時候甚至會讓人的心變成永遠的絕緣。............................................................

玉苓玉苓 said...

來幫推 你個blog影d相真係好靚,係我至愛~ ..................................................................

For Evil Eyes on LO