Foreword

There is neither a structure nor a texture to this blog. The subject matter can be anything and everything under the sky that I feel about at any given point that I happen to sit and blog rambling about everything in general. My thoughts and views are basically influenced by what I read, hear, gather, and ponder... if there is any copyright violation which I have not duly acknowledged, kindly let me know.

My world comprises of LO the little one, OA the other adult at home, kiddo the brother :)

Search This Blog

Loading...

Jul 12, 2010

The Thinking Pen

I see a lot of my thoughts flowing in Telugu these days... It is not that Telugu should not be used.  I was never really good at expressing myself in Telugu.. it is the language I prefer any day, I talk only in Telugu with those who understand it, but when i write or type i do it English...

When I was trying to learn the language as a kid, what my English teacher/sir told me got imprinted on my mind... if you want to work on any language and get good at it, just start thinking in that language... did it work.. yes, it really did.  I am okay in writing if not too good.  When I see convent-bred people talk in wonderful English, I am like stumbling to bring sentences out.. while they might not be speaking good grammar they speak it poshly.. due to my averse feeling to talk in English, I end up being either too silent or just rush off in a couple of sentences and get back to myself.  I dont have trouble figuring out any accent or grammar thanks to my job.  I had tough time understanding Atlanta African American/southern drawl though :(...

I dont know when the change really happened, maybe the comfortable level I reached with respect to work and social interaction in the "universal language" or maybe my conscious effort to teach LO proper Telugu, my mother tongue, the way it is spoken in my region, I no longer seem to think in complete English...

Of late, I see my posts and expressions turn Telugu... good, I see a lot of pure Telugu.  Telugu blogging is something which I have not really taken any interest in so far, but one person who got me hooked onto it is "Sphuritha" found her link through Sirisha's and it was one of those have to read her through ones.. I am really not comfortable sparing so much of time on Script corrections because I hate incorrect spellings (queer considering I dont really spell check my posts), but you will no doubt see more of Telugu in my writings.

Telugulo 56 akshaaraalu unnaa kooda prastutaaniki ee 26 tone pani gadipeyyali... teerika, opika, korika kaliginappudu Telugu script meeda padataanu.

Good to see me getting out of learn English, speak Telugu Clutches... and getting into you know enough to manage through the rest of your life, get better in your own now :)))...

what is your thinking language??

3 comments:

keerthicherukuri said...

hehehe..nenu pratyekamgaa cheppakkarledemo telugu ani :D

Sree said...

@Keerthi :).

Sunita said...

Nenu telgish lo think chestanu.. he he! Fight cheseppudu matram english lo vislesinchi, telugu lo 'leki', 'eddi' lanti vintha padaalu vaadatam ishta padatanu :D

For Evil Eyes on LO