Foreword

There is neither a structure nor a texture to this blog. The subject matter can be anything and everything under the sky that I feel about at any given point that I happen to sit and blog rambling about everything in general. My thoughts and views are basically influenced by what I read, hear, gather, and ponder... if there is any copyright violation which I have not duly acknowledged, kindly let me know.

My world comprises of LO the little one, OA the other adult at home, kiddo the brother :)

Search This Blog

Loading...

Oct 13, 2010

If a child lives with..

If A Child Lives With. . .
by Dorothy Law Nolte

If a child lives with criticism, he learns to condemn.
If a child lives with hostility, he learns to fight.
If a child lives with fear, he learns to be apprehensive.
If children live with pity, they learn to feel sorry for themselves.
If children live with ridicule, they learn to feel shy.
If children live with jealousy, they learn to feel envy.
If children live with shame, they learn to feel guilty.
If children live with encouragement, they learn confidence.
If children live with tolerance, they learn patience.
If children live with praise, they learn appreciation.
If children live with acceptance, they learn to love.
If children live with approval, they learn to like themselves.
If children live with recognition, they learn it is good to have a goal.
If children live with sharing, they learn generosity.
If children live with honesty, they learn truthfulness.
If children live with fairness, they learn justice.
If children live with kindness and consideration, they learn respect.
If children live with security, they learn to have faith in themselves and in those about them.
If children live with friendliness, they learn the world is a nice place in which to live.

This is one chart which was hung at my doctor's place when I was a kid, I did not understand it fully well back then but I used to search which category I belonged to each time I was in his waiting room which was quite some time back then.. there were no appointments and neither did we know that we could barge in and the doc would see (phew I digress).  I used to try to figure out each time that what I needed till next visit, sounds funny but that was how it was.

Now, yesterday when I was in the bus, I suddenly remembered Dr. Seetaram, his waiting room and above all this quote chart which I so loved.. so come home, google it and store it on the desktop is what I do now.. a little guideline chart for parenting.. what to and what not to do.  IT is easy to put up such charts but very very tough to provide such an environment devoid of our own personal emotions in it all... God has given a blessing called motherhood, if only he could give me something like sainthood to be able to practice it all.. phew!!

4 comments:

చందు said...

Very good quote. We all want to raise them in the best possible way and end up raising them the way we are.

Renuka said...

i agree with each and every word sree...nice put up.
a lot of times, knowingly or unknowingly we give them some wrong instructions and they get registered in minds and rule their personality..
i must pen down and hang it in our place to see to it every other time i wasn't good enough with the kid....

Sree said...

@ Chandu Very very true.. that is what scares me the most.

Sree said...

@Renu.. yeah we should..

For Evil Eyes on LO