Foreword

There is neither a structure nor a texture to this blog. The subject matter can be anything and everything under the sky that I feel about at any given point that I happen to sit and blog rambling about everything in general. My thoughts and views are basically influenced by what I read, hear, gather, and ponder... if there is any copyright violation which I have not duly acknowledged, kindly let me know.

My world comprises of LO the little one, OA the other adult at home, kiddo the brother :)

Search This Blog

Loading...

Oct 21, 2010

kiraana kottu

I have been and maybe am still a victim of attractive marketing ploys.. when the monthly expenses shoot up all of a sudden, I just wonder about the cost of living and get going but these days I am on a major cost cutting spree since I need to plan up for pre-schooling and then schooling of the kid which is screaming out loud EXPENSES.. like I always say chaduvukune rojulu poyayi.. chaduvu koney rojulu vacchesay..

I usually get groceries from More Super Market in Gdw when I go for the doctor's visit for the kid or me.. these days more often it is me since it is only quarterly visits for her now or the vaccination ones.  When on the cost cutting, I just opted for the nearby kiraana shop or local grocery (nonbranded shop).  I usually have a glance in the kitchen and then pick up stuff as I move through the aisles in the store but here I had to make a list and then the shopkeeper keeps everything ready in a bag to be carried home.. no home delivery nothing.. just standby as he packs it and pay and get it back home and store away.. good old way my grandmother and mother used to do.. something which is new to me but it really works.. expenses have gone down tremendously.. in fact half of what I spend monthly.. phew!! I understand now, when I move across the aisles I end up buying stuff I dont really use, most of the groceries are used up but the snacks, new items, steel and plastic stuff or something I never use buy just because of packing or MAYBE will use category.. stocked up in the cupboard only to give away to school kids later on just thrown away due to expiry date.. sigh...

Quality wise, they are on par with the so-called clean packing and price wise there is a discount on MRP of each and everything and the friendly chitchat gives you an idea as to what is happening in the village... like they say "aamke aam gutliyonke daam" :)))..

I dont know how long I will be here in the village but as long as I am here.. Kiraana Kottu Zindaabad!!!

6 comments:

చందు said...

When you make a list you buy what you need. When you go without a list you buy what you want along with what you need. You want more because you see them.

HarshaBharath said...

Kiraana Kottu Zindaabad!!!

keerthicherukuri said...

Kiraana kottu zindaabaad ani nenoo eppudo decide ayipoyaanu..okka money saving ane kaadu plastic usageni thagginchina vaallamavuthaam (potlaalu kattisthaaru kadaa kirana kotlo), time save avuthundi, intlo chetha perukupodu (akkada konnavannee vaadeyyamgaa)....annitikeeminchi balisina retailers ni (like reliance) inkaa uddarinchakundaa veedhi chivara bakka chikkina baddee kottu/kiraana kottu vaallani encourage chesinattu vuntundi...

Spl items kaavaalannappudu elaanoo pedda supermarkets visit cheyyaka thappadanuko

Sree said...

@Chandu... yeah true..

Sree said...

@Harsha.. nijamgaane.. kontintikelladam sukhapradam, subhapradam, jayapradam :).

Sree said...

@Keerthi...

Going green picchilo kooda idi help autundi... every word is so true :).

For Evil Eyes on LO