Foreword

There is neither a structure nor a texture to this blog. The subject matter can be anything and everything under the sky that I feel about at any given point that I happen to sit and blog rambling about everything in general. My thoughts and views are basically influenced by what I read, hear, gather, and ponder... if there is any copyright violation which I have not duly acknowledged, kindly let me know.

My world comprises of LO the little one, OA the other adult at home, kiddo the brother :)

Search This Blog

Loading...

Oct 3, 2010

Social Networking!!

Well, of late I have realized that social networking really made me the most unsocial person to mingle with in person.  I am in touch with almost all the friends who use the net regularly but it has been like ages since I spoke with someone who doesnt over the phone leave alone pay them a visit.

I crib that I am stranded in a village where the only people I get to see are oldies and the helping aides.  It really has been ages since I had some one-on-one intellectual conversation with anyone in person.  A friend to me is always  a click away.. when I sit about to work, when I feel low, when I am on a high I reach on to the lappy and reach out to the friends.

It is good in a way.. but the results are a bit too taxing on my body..when I wonder aloud about why I just dont seem to reduce the tummy after the baby or why I keep on adding kilos to the body fat, I seem to forget that if I am not with the kid, I am in front of the lappy.  Some days, the only exercise I get in a day is for the fingers (typing that is)..

I would certainly feel like a fish out of water without the connectivity.. the job zone, the think zone, the entertainment zone, the communicating zone, in short the life zone has only one epicenter.. my "lappy".

I need to break away gradually, slowly but steadily.. limiting the time to an hour a day other than for the job for the starters!!

3 comments:

kowthas said...

It is hard considering you are physically far from your peers, but yeah, scheduling helps. I've started doing that, or it can suck your time away. :-)

చందు said...

I agree. I am going through similar phase. Work from home, Sitting with lap top almost 14 hours every day. Driving me nuts.. No co-workers and no commute..

Sree said...

@rads.. tell me about getting sucked up :((..

@Chandu.. aawww.. and the winter and the cold might not be helping either.. take a break and schedule :).

For Evil Eyes on LO