Foreword

There is neither a structure nor a texture to this blog. The subject matter can be anything and everything under the sky that I feel about at any given point that I happen to sit and blog rambling about everything in general. My thoughts and views are basically influenced by what I read, hear, gather, and ponder... if there is any copyright violation which I have not duly acknowledged, kindly let me know.

Ref: Chichkoo is what I lovingly call my daughter, kiddo my brother, amma and taatee my late maternal grandparents, and OA is the other adult in the family.

Search This Blog

Loading...

May 5, 2011

Broom and Groom

At the first glance I was disappointed by my choice.. In fact I loved the front cover and ordered it through Flipkart of course without reading the gist or content of the book :).  I so want to read I Dare by KB.. it is going to be in the next set.

This book deals about social behavior patterns which could be major put offs and throws a light on how to tackle day to day issues.. in short a book on civic sense.. more of a textbook material than a general read.  At the start, I was like.. why??? why am I reading this, do I have to learn this reading the book isnt it how one should be.. can one change the fiber of his being by reading such behavioral guide books..

As I go deeper I understand and agree with the anguish of the authors regarding the total lack of it these days. This is in short a guide book on how to behave in a group or with another individual.. kind of a behaviour compass which is directed towards improving community living and enhancing social acceptance of an individual.

I personally think this book should be in school syllabus or at least a guidance factor for children in bringing up the children and making them aware about the nuances of general behavior.. a bit too conservative to my liking but yes a good foundation to begin with and work on for children, the generation next.

Not a casual read.

No comments:

For Evil Eyes on LO