Foreword

There is neither a structure nor a texture to this blog. The subject matter can be anything and everything under the sky that I feel about at any given point that I happen to sit and blog rambling about everything in general. My thoughts and views are basically influenced by what I read, hear, gather, and ponder... if there is any copyright violation which I have not duly acknowledged, kindly let me know.

Ref: Chichkoo is what I lovingly call my daughter, kiddo my brother, amma and taatee my late maternal grandparents, and OA is the other adult in the family.

Search This Blog

Loading...

May 5, 2011

Naanna Nenu - Bujjaayi


Well, I can say that I have come from the age of reading cartoons to a point where I look beyond the cartoon and the person behind it.. pretty much covers the journey of my reading and preferences:).  It is an EH buy.. featured among their biographies, could not resist getting it.

It is a biography of Bujjaayi the son of the popular poet and movie lyric writer Devulapalli Krishna Sastri.. which reminds me of the song.. krishna sastri kavitalaa, krishna veni pongulaa.. gala, gala!! I have never been a fan of poetry I do appreciate simple stuff but cannot truly enjoy it..

This gives an indepth idea of leading a life with a legend, among the legends in Telugu literature and fine arts, not having school education, yet giving some real good Telugu cartoon strips.. story of a life of a son who came out of the prominent father's shadow and carved a niche for himself.  He is not a good writer and it shows but what strikes a reader is the innocence and truth and the general true feelings without masking them with the magic of words.

A good read if you are into biographies.. not a great work of literature but an honest effort.

No comments:

For Evil Eyes on LO