Foreword

There is neither a structure nor a texture to this blog. The subject matter can be anything and everything under the sky that I feel about at any given point that I happen to sit and blog rambling about everything in general. My thoughts and views are basically influenced by what I read, hear, gather, and ponder... if there is any copyright violation which I have not duly acknowledged, kindly let me know.

Ref: Chichkoo is what I lovingly call my daughter, kiddo my brother, amma and taatee my late maternal grandparents, and OA is the other adult in the family.

Search This Blog

Loading...

May 7, 2011

Urban Shots

Urban Shots - 28 stories -- surprised 'cos the site says 29!!! maybe I got the first addition.. (no idea).

Picked this book up basically based on a review by Sireesha Avvari. Loved it..

A compilation of 28 short stories exploring the concept of 'urban'.. took me back to a life that I left behind a while ago.. bustling with life, so full of emotions, never a tiring moment. Brings back so many memories, a few stories were like maybe written about the people I know, their feelings explored, the situations brought to focus.

The book deals about today's life, no matter how much you deny, parts of it come across really hard and hit us in the face.. but through it all comes the struggle, the survival of the fittest, strong emotions to outdo the other in the race.. some stories tackling emotions, seemingly selfish but very raw.. love, lust, longing, fantasies, reality, friendship, true and masked feelings.... stuck somewhere in between.

I cannot really say I like one particular story or one particular facet of it but it most certainly is of the kind I have not read in quite a long time, something like a blast from the past..

I remembered the day I first landed in Bangalore for my job, the way I sobbed and sobbed saying that it is not where I want to be and ultimately ended up loving it so much.

PS:  Edited to Add:  the 29 stories is a misprint and the actual book comprises of just 28 stories.. :).

3 comments:

rohit said...

Must be an enjoyable read Urban Shots by Paritosh Uttam. loved the way you wrote it. I find your review very genuine and original, this book is going in by "to read" list.

rohit said...

Must be an enjoyable read Urban Shots by Paritosh Uttam. loved the way you wrote it. I find your review very genuine and original, this book is going in by "to read" list.

Sree said...

:).. I loved it, check it for yourself.

For Evil Eyes on LO