Foreword

There is neither a structure nor a texture to this blog. The subject matter can be anything and everything under the sky that I feel about at any given point that I happen to sit and blog rambling about everything in general. My thoughts and views are basically influenced by what I read, hear, gather, and ponder... if there is any copyright violation which I have not duly acknowledged, kindly let me know.

My world comprises of LO the little one, OA the other adult at home, kiddo the brother :)

Search This Blog

Loading...

Sep 23, 2011

Antharmukham - Yandamoori Veerendranath

The cover of the book claims it to be the author's career best novel and maybe it is.  To me, YV is a copycat, knows the pulse of the readers and gets inspired by foreign authors and introduces them to Telugu audience with his own style of writing period.  I have watched this program Antarmukham in Maa TV for a while, got intrigued and wanted to a part of it and when I mailed up, got an instant reply from the author as to the format of the show but unfortunately, it was all scripted and he was just anchoring the show and presenting it but had no choice in selecting the participants and also by then all the episodes were canned and the program was done with!

Well coming back to the book, this is obviously yet another inspired work the source being "The outsider" by Albert Camus.  It is in fact a wonderful book about existentialism.  Like they say, personality is a mask.  A man is certainly not what he portrays himself to be.  He has various aspects within himself, some known to him and some unknown.  This book deals with the inner thoughts and feelings of the protagonist who at the beginning of the book has lived his life and is confined to the bed, deathbed actually and actually dies at one point but comes back to earth getting the boon from the God that there is no death for him and what happens in front of his eyes and what goes in the back of his mind regarding his past and present.  The harsh reality and everything is what makes the book interesting.

The author combines with this, his own personal note where he mentions an incident which provoked him to write this book.

All in all, a good book to read.  The protaganist seemed close to me, it was like I knew this guy or maybe it was me thinking as a guy in that era :) or something like that, full of thoughts, racing thoughts, practicality aspect and some unconventional decisions. 

2 comments:

Sireesha said...

This is one of my favorite books. I've been very influenced by this book at one time. I feel that the protagonist is a cynic and I was so intrigued by him that I took up some aspects of his attitudes and withdrew into myself.
I didn't know that this is inspired from any book. I'll definitely want to read the original sometime.

Sree said...

over time, my love for the author has increased, came a long way from my initial reads...

For Evil Eyes on LO