Foreword

There is neither a structure nor a texture to this blog. The subject matter can be anything and everything under the sky that I feel about at any given point that I happen to sit and blog rambling about everything in general. My thoughts and views are basically influenced by what I read, hear, gather, and ponder... if there is any copyright violation which I have not duly acknowledged, kindly let me know.

Ref: Chichkoo is what I lovingly call my daughter, kiddo my brother, amma and taatee my late maternal grandparents, and OA is the other adult in the family.

Search This Blog

Loading...

Apr 30, 2012

The Thorn Birds - Colleen McCullough

One of the very fine reads in my lifetime, something I thoroughly enjoyed reading, good narrative, easily considered epic by my standards.  Love, pain, sacrifice, life in general is written really really well.

Reminding me somehow of Gone with the Wind though both of them have really nothing in common, this book made me sit back and finish from cover to cover without wanting to put it down.

The tale about Cleary women, their love, their life, their passion and the lack of it... Ralph, his being torn between Church and his love, what wins and how life turns, really a binding narrative..

Enjoyed every bit of it!

2 comments:

Sireesha said...

Wow, I'll try this books sometime.

Sree said...

Chadivi review cheppandi Sireesha, will wait for it.

For Evil Eyes on LO