Foreword

There is neither a structure nor a texture to this blog. The subject matter can be anything and everything under the sky that I feel about at any given point that I happen to sit and blog rambling about everything in general. My thoughts and views are basically influenced by what I read, hear, gather, and ponder... if there is any copyright violation which I have not duly acknowledged, kindly let me know.

My world comprises of LO the little one, OA the other adult at home, kiddo the brother :)

Search This Blog

Loading...

May 14, 2014

Please Look After Mom - Kyung-Sook Shin

This is one of the most heart-touching reads that I had in a long long long long long time.  Some thing which kept reminding me of life of my grandmother, something which I had wanted to write for a long time, a contemporary look at what would she have done during my times, what would I have done in hers and quite a lot of feelings.  It stirred so many emotions.

The author brings out the emotions perfectly, just about the right portions to pull your heart strings.  It is the tale of the children and husband of a woman who gets lost at a railway station in a crowd and could not be found.  Things they discover about the woman, how they realize that they do not know a thing about the person who knew every single about them, who sacrificed for them, who looked after them all the while, the stranger she had been to her own family...

extremely powerful narration...

No comments:

For Evil Eyes on LO