Foreword

There is neither a structure nor a texture to this blog. The subject matter can be anything and everything under the sky that I feel about at any given point that I happen to sit and blog rambling about everything in general. My thoughts and views are basically influenced by what I read, hear, gather, and ponder... if there is any copyright violation which I have not duly acknowledged, kindly let me know.

My world comprises of LO the little one, OA the other adult at home, kiddo the brother :)

Search This Blog

Loading...

Mar 25, 2016

Passport to Space - Beginning!!!

With the kid turning 7 in just under a month, my idea was to gift her with a telescope so that she could venture into the unending space.  After researching on our dear old trusted genie google and narrowed down on the fact that a space binoculars as opposed to a telescope would a good start for a budding astronomer.  And then we know that there is this astronomical viewing and a lecture on Mercury transit in the observatory and go there.  Me in a hope to find someone who is an authority on this subject to help me pick the kid's gift and the kid to actually look through the telescope and look at Mercury...

Well, we did not get to see Mercury but we did see Jupiter and 2 bands on it, bright and clear  and the kid just loves it.... full of facts, excited on seeing the biggest planet visible to the naked eye usually, much closer and rich withe experience of knowing a lot more facts about movements of celestial bodies...

transit, occlutation and eclipse with examples and videos and simple demonstrations, good to start learning with the kid, enjoying it thoroughly and waiting for more...

As to buying a binoculars I have a couple of thoughts provided... One dont buy anything bring her to more viewings, let the interest build and then get something really good (sounds wise), go ahead anyway with the binoculars it is always a good buy...

what will I eventually end up doing... need to wait and watch.

No comments:

For Evil Eyes on LO